Re: Other host already uses address -

Partha wrote:
On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 10:09:54AM -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
Partha wrote:
On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 08:29:34AM -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
What do you think I should do next? Those things have always "just worked."

In a bleeding edge distro like fedora there are and will be regressions that will break up things that normally worked in older versions. Actually i just came from a clean install of fedora 11. but my creative soundblaster card does not work which if i can remember correctly is/was working from centos-4 and up to fedora 10 with pulseaudio enabled. I managed to work around by removing pulseaudio after 1 hour of headache and frustation.

       Ok, that fixes the thumb drive mounting problem!

       A bit of trouble but the important thing is that I can access it.

       I am still running F-10, I will wait until things settle down to
       try F-11 otherwise I burn up a lot of bandwidth doing updates
       over and over. I have a satellite system for my internet
       connection and I am limited to 17 gigs download per month. In
       fact we had heavy rain this afternoon and the signal was blocked
       by the rain for about two hours.

       The computer with the problems is a new [to me] used computer
       with a new LiveCD Gnome install.

       Thanks for the help.

       Bob