Re: Upgrade Help

Frank Cox wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 16:27:47 -0700 (PDT) Ed Warner wrote:
>> I am currently running F9. Rather than upgrade, I am going to do a full
>> install of F11. I am going to backup my files especially my bind and dhcp
>> files. How do I insure when I go to replace/place these files in the new
>> install that the right permissions and owner is transferred?
> tar

'man cpio'.

see arguments:

'-i -Bcv', '-o -aBcv', '-p -adm'.

'find (source.path) -depth | sort | cpio -o -aBcv > \(target.cpio)'

'cpio -i -Bcv < (fname.cpio)'

'find (source.path) -depth -print | sort | cpio -p -adm  (target.path)

peace out.

help microsoft stamp out piracy - give linux to a friend today
to mess up a linux box, you need to work at it;
learn linux:
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/