Re: Root Access

Todd Zullinger wrote:
Mike Dwiggins wrote:
I installed Fedora 11 on a dual-boot machine.  When I booted up on
the Fedora partition I went straight to /etc/pam.d/gdm and deleted
the line which keeps out root as a login.

I still cannot login as root!  Did this version hide a block on root
somewhere else?

Yes.  You also need to edit /etc/pam.d/gdm-password (and _possibly_
/etc/pam.d/gdm-fingerprint if you use a fingerprint reader).

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Enabling_Root_User_For_GNOME_Display_Manager

Not to pick on you in particular Mike, but I really think that folks
who feel they need to login as root ought to be better at knowing how
to diagnose and fix such problems.