Re: F11 livecd-iso-to-disk

Mike Cloaked wrote:

fedora list wrote:
 Install Doc

I followed this install method today on a Dell Latitude 610 and it was
and flawless with one exception.

The usbdrive must be unmounted to write the image.

su -c 'livecd-iso-to-disk *the_image.iso* /dev/*sdX1*'
Newbies may not catch that.

In my case I wanted to install from a usbkey but using the full DVD iso as
it contains so many more packages. I added a section containing a how-to at

I hope this will also help.

There are two things which would make the page more obvious. The first is how boot.iso gets on your system or how to find it if it's installed by yum, and the second what type filesystem you expect to find on the USB key, since some of us have old USB keys around which have been rewritten for other uses.

You might also mention mounting the key, since many people disable auto-mounting of media for various reasons.

Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>