Re: Firefox - open site from a link in a different program

Frank Cox wrote:
With the Firefox that was included in F10, when I clicked on a link in my email
client that link would open in a new tab in Firefox.

With F11, the link opens in the currently-open tab in Firefox, replacing the
content that I had there previously.

The same thing happens when, for example, clicking "Learn More" in the Get
Addons window -- the website appears in the  currently open tab instead of
opening a new one.

How can I get the previous behaviour back?  Sometimes I want to go through an
email and click on all of the links, then switch to Firefox and read each tab.
I can't do that any more.

Open "about:config" in FF and look at the options there, or in the options for your mail program. I use seamonkey-2.0beta so it's all integrated there, and I can open in a tab. If your mail program somehow specifies using the current window you will have to fix it there.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>