Re: How to stop pulseaudio (Was: No audio on F11 and pulseaudio questions)

On 06/12/2009 08:08 PM, Chris wrote:
> Despite a few useful suggestions to my earlier thread I can't stop
> pulseaudio from respawning on F11. Does anyone know how to stop it?
> I've searched /etc/event.d and /etc/init.d and can't see how it's
> started or why it insists on respawning.
>
> The reason I want to do this is that I have no audio and I'm trying to
> figure out the cause.

Don't know if this has already been suggested. If so please ignore the
noise. I also did not have audio after doing a clean F11 install. The
solution for me was to go to System --> Preferences -> Advanced Volume
Control. Next open the Preferences, enable Surround and drag the slider
upwards. Also make sure the other sliders like Master, PCM, Front and CD
are near the top. This fixed sound for me.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Patrick