Re: sha256sun

Not quite. You want to -c against the small CHECKSUM file, which contains
a list of ISOs and their sha256sums. For example:
$ sha256sum -c Fedora-11-i386-CHECKSUM

I don't get it! you want me to match a downloadable checksum text file to what? how do i get the numbers from the iso file to check against the checksums? you are not telling me  all. you are falsely assuming i know more than i do.am I
not trying to match the checksums with what the developer says they are to be against what the file contains to insure that the iso file isn't corrupted and reduce later grief during install.