From: Michael Harrison <mrpquter yahoo com>
Subject: synaptics configuration after upgrade to F11
To: fedora-list redhat com
Date: Sunday, June 14, 2009, 3:55 PM

After upgrading to F11 the Alps touchpad moves the pointer very slowly. For F10 I had to enable SHMConfig, for which I had a config file in /etc/hal/fdi/policy which contained

<deviceinfo version="0.2">
 <device>
  <match key="input.x11_driver" string="synaptics">
   <merge key="input.x11_options.SHMConfig" type="string">True</merge>
  </match>
 </device>
</deviceinfo>

But this no longer does the trick apparently. Oh, and the pointer moves nice as expected while at the GDM screen, before logging in.

Any pointers? Is there an additional config file read after user login that affects the synaptics driver?

Thanks,
-Mike

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----