Re: Updates

On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 19:50:28 +0100,
  "Sharpe, Sam J" <sam sharpe+lists redhat gmail com> wrote:

> I think the real learning point here is that people who try removing
> all fc10 packages are going to be in trouble...

You should never be doing that. When there aren't mass rebuilds there can
be lots of packages with fcxx, where xx is from a previous release. Unless
something needs to be different for the latest version you can use the
same build for both. This provides a slight saving on resources used
distributing the packages.

There are tools for finding packages that aren't in your current repo,
such as package-cleanup --orphans. You can use yum downgrade for cases
where updates from a previous release are ahead of the current release.