Re: F11: Resume from hibernate on X61 laptop.

On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 1:09 AM, Tim <ignored_mailbox yahoo com au> wrote:
On Sat, 2009-06-13 at 07:56 -0700, Jason Ish wrote:
> Did not installing swap from the beginning cause an issue here?  I
> ask, b/c suspend and hibernate just worked on this laptop with F9 and
> F10.

Possibly...

Prior behaviour (and probably still current), is that the initrd file
created when installing a kernel holds a reference to swap that's used
when resuming.  You can make a new initrd (mkinitrd) or add a resume=
parameter to the kernel line in the grub.conf file.  With the location
for the swap written after the equals sign.

Thanks.  mkinitrd did the trick.  Adding resume= did not, I had actually already tried that one.