Are you using Eclipse ?

Yoram Halberstam yoram.halberstam at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 15:47:21 UTC 2009

I've got to admit, I've used fedora eclipse and eclipse... I prefer the
latter but that is maybe because I couldn't find my J2EE plugins in the
Fedora one (I'm sure someone on this list will tell there is a package and
yum thingy somewhere :) I also use it because I know I can get the latest
"virginal" version from Eclipse website and for once I'm not tied up with
installing packages from fedora ftp sites because I don't know how thing
works!

Also, I'd like to know why eclipse under fedora (sun or fedora packaged) do
not work with sun jdk it only works with open jdk. (just asking whilst we
are on the subject).

2009/6/15 Tom Horsley <tom.horsley at att.net>

> On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 17:05:40 +0200
> Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
>
> > I'm thinking to write an article about the features Fedora users like
> > in Eclipse.
>
> The best feature in fedora eclipse is the way it is listed as a separate
> item in the anaconda installer so I can uncheck the box and never have
> the monstrosity cluttering my system even for the time it takes
> to remove it after the install.
>
> --

Yoram Halberstam
Computer Services Provider