Re: Are you using Eclipse ?

I've got to admit, I've used fedora eclipse and eclipse... I prefer the latter but that is maybe because I couldn't find my J2EE plugins in the Fedora one (I'm sure someone on this list will tell there is a package and yum thingy somewhere :) I also use it because I know I can get the latest "virginal" version from Eclipse website and for once I'm not tied up with installing packages from fedora ftp sites because I don't know how thing works!

Also, I'd like to know why eclipse under fedora (sun or fedora packaged) do not work with sun jdk it only works with open jdk. (just asking whilst we are on the subject).

2009/6/15 Tom Horsley <tom horsley att net>
On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 17:05:40 +0200
Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:

> I'm thinking to write an article about the features Fedora users like
> in Eclipse.

The best feature in fedora eclipse is the way it is listed as a separate
item in the anaconda installer so I can uncheck the box and never have
the monstrosity cluttering my system even for the time it takes
to remove it after the install.

--
Yoram Halberstam
Computer Services Provider