F11: No video -- anaconda or live -- 8800GTX

Jake Peavy djstunks at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 17:46:36 UTC 2009

All,

Was going to put F11 on my Dell XPS710, but neither Anaconda installer (on
x86_64 installation DVD) nor x86 LiveUSB bring up video.

Video card is Nvidia GeForce 8800GTX (G80/NV50 I think).  This seems to be
well supported by nouveau according to the website, but I'm not getting any
love so far.

Any thoughts/ideas?

--
-jp

Instead of half-mast, maybe you could fly a flag at three-quarter-mast for a
guy who's in a coma. Then, if he gets worse, the flag gets lower, or if he
gets better, it starts to move up, so you can just look at the flag and see
how he's doing.

deepthoughtsbyjackhandey.com