xauth problem from laptop

Hi folks,

sometimes, when I connect from my new laptop to some of my servers I get the
following error, and the X windows, BASH auto-complete and other stuff stops
working.

I connect from my laptop using a kmenu entry of (e.g.)

ssh -Y -C -l root harpo

set to run in a terminal

Anyone know how I fix it?

Gary

Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding.
tcsetattr: Interrupted system call
Last login: Tue Jun 16 13:52:18 2009 from gary.ringways.co.uk
[root harpo ~]# gvim
gvim
[root harpo ~]#  s

[root harpo ~]#