Re: F11: No video -- anaconda or live -- 8800GTX

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 11:39 AM, Jake Peavy <djstunks gmail com> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 5:51 PM, Jake Peavy <djstunks gmail com> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 1:53 PM, Frank Murphy <frankly3d gmail com> wrote:
On 15/06/09 18:46, Jake Peavy wrote:
All,

Was going to put F11 on my Dell XPS710, but neither Anaconda installer
(on x86_64 installation DVD) nor x86 LiveUSB bring up video.

Did you try basic mode Xdriver=vesa  on the dvd,

Yes, to no avail (X startup failed)

I could certainly install in text mode

Anyone have any ideas on this?  Is anyone running F11 on GeForce 8800GTX?

The text-based install doesn't install any of the GUI stuff.  I thought I could just reconfigure once I got booted up.

This post describes my issue exactly.  Dual 8800GTXs seems to be the problem.

Any suggestions other than removing the second 8800 temporarily would be welcome.

--
-jp

A funny thing to do is, if you're out hiking and your friend gets bitten by a poisonous snake, tell him you're going to go for help, then go about ten feet and pretend that *you* got bit by a snake. Then start an argument with him about who's going to go get help. A lot of guys will start crying. That's why it makes you feel good when you tell them it was just a joke.

deepthoughtsbyjackhandey.com