F10 -> F11 using preupgrade

I have a Dell Power Edge 1435SC that is running F10. I followed the preupgrade procedure on

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_use_PreUpgrade

When the machine rebooted it asked me to select the Ethernet connection to update over using the NetworkManager. I couldn't get this to work.

On a positive note, when I rebooted the machine, F10 still worked. I was not using the NetworkManager with F10...

$ chkconfig | grep etw
NetworkManager  0:off   1:off   2:off   3:off   4:off   5:off   6:off
network         0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off

Is there a way around this?

TIA,
Pete