Re: Multiple gcc

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 2:16 PM, Brian Truter <btruter gmail com> wrote:
Is it possible to install multiple gcc packages on Fedora?

I am using gcc 4.4 from Fedora 11, but I would also like to install 4.3 from Fedora 10, and switch compiles when needed by setting env variables, or something similar. Is this possible, and if so, does anyone have any info?

Try to install gcc from source (ftp.gnu.org) in a different folder and then set the env from that folder. It worked for me when I had to compile something with gcc 3.4.3 and I was having gcc 4.2.