Re: [fedora-india] F11 installation failure - (Anaconda) out of space exception after checking dependencies

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
On 06/17/2009 09:09 AM, Rahul Tidke wrote:
Hello,

First, thanks & congrats to all Fedora developers and fedoraproject.org
for the launch of Leonidas!

 I have been trying to install F11 (i386) on AMD Sempron with an 80 GB
IDE HDD, after partitioning and package selection/customization it
checks for dependencies and when install starts it shows "Transferring
install image to hard disk"; at this moment an exception occurs saying
you might be out of space with options of DEBUG and EXIT. I have tried
allocation 15 GB/20 GB for root (/) partition but still the problem
repeats. This can be reproducible for any combination of partitions.

http://www.happyassassin.net/2009/06/16/on-fedora-11-installation/

One thing to try is to do a text mode installation.

Boot with the option "textinst" in the Live CD

Rahul
Thanks, the link you posted gives more than sufficient explanation for users like me! I am trying text mode installation; but I doubt will it make any difference as the Anaconda will be same.

Regards,

*Rahul Tidke
*Technical Support
*Excelize