Re: Baffled by a Cable Modem

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 06:07:42 -0700 (PDT)
dnvot yahoo com wrote:

> > their default:
>
> >     192.168.0.1
> >    192.168.0.254
> >    192.168.1.1
> >    192.168.1.254
>
> tried all of those with no luck

I didn't see the start of this thread, but I have a motorola surfboard
cable modem and the gui interface is 192.168.100.1.

> > check the manual for the modem and see what the default LAN IP is.
> > Make sure you get the LAN IP, _NOT_ the WAN IP (anything on the WAN
> > side is the cable company's side of the connection).
>
> tried all the above, with no luck. The manual does not mention a "LAN
> IP" that I can find. It does not mention a GUI.

Your ISP will often know the ip address to access the web page for the
modem.  That is how I found out for the surfboard.  I watched the cable
techs when they were doing some troubleshooting on my connection.  Give
your isp technical help a call and ask for the modem interface.