F10 -> F11 using preupgrade

Beartooth TpBkR beartooth at comcast.net
Wed Jun 17 16:50:08 UTC 2009

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 13:53:35 -0700, Peter J. Stieber wrote:

> I have a Dell Power Edge 1435SC that is running F10.  I followed the
> preupgrade procedure on
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_use_PreUpgrade
>
> When the machine rebooted it asked me to select the Ethernet connection
> to update over using the NetworkManager.  I couldn't get this to work.
>
> On a positive note, when I rebooted the machine, F10 still worked.  I
> was not using the NetworkManager with F10...
>
> $ chkconfig | grep etw
> NetworkManager  0:off   1:off   2:off   3:off   4:off   5:off   6:off
> network         0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off
>
> Is there a way around this?

	I have recently done three machines, using first yum update, then
simply "preupgrade" as root. It looked to operate normally on all three,
and did on two -- both are now happily running F11. It -- or something I
did without noticing -- loused the other up royally and  then some. I'm
having to do fresh installs (the first two failed, and the third is still
under weigh). Maybe that machine has a hardware problem ...