sha256sum is not my friend

terry xtlynne at charter.net
Wed Jun 17 17:14:36 UTC 2009

steve searle
The CHECKSUM file has both the name of the iso and its expected checksum
 > in it.
 >
 > So the command:
 >
 >         $ sha256sum -c Fedora-11-i386-CHECKSUM
 >
 > Causes it to look fat the iso in whose name is in the checksum file,
 > generate a checksum for it and compare that generated checksum against
 > the expected one that is held in the CHECKSUM file.

No it does not!!!

Doc Savage

Doing in a terminal   sha256sum -c  Fedora - 11 - i686 - Live - CHECKSUM

ANSWER: no such file or directory. this dog won't hunt.
is spacing of ( - ) important?

i can make it work but not the way you are telling me.
if you say i need the path to the file    see above  and you are
verifying a complaint of a OP

thanks
terry linn

ps. if you are in the mood tell me how to reply to one message without
sending the whole digest