OT Qwest dsl gotchas for linux, F10 x86_64

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang.rupprecht+gnus200906 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 03:30:47 UTC 2009

stan <gryt2 at q.com> writes:
> Keep that up and soon we'll be at half the speed of the leading
> internet countries. (100 mbit/sec) :-)

The reports I've heard have all talked of 10Mbits/sec and 100Mbits/sec
*ethernet* over fiber to the home.  Not some asymetrical crap like DSL
or DOCSIS.

> This whole incident has me looking into email hosting and private
> domain names.  Both are very cheap right now.  Hosting using someone
> else's domain can be had for $10 US and up per year, hosting with your
> own domain about $23 and up per year, and domain and web hosting for
> $42 and up per year.  Seems the way to go.

Or you could save the money and just do it yourself...  That's what
bind, postfix, and thttpd are for. ;-)

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht              Android 1.5 (Cupcake) and Fedora-11