OT hosting provider experiences, comments

I'm looking into using a hosting service in order to have my own email
domain, and possibly a website.  This is a completely new area for me
and so I would appreciate any tips from those in the know.

I've tentatively narrowed to the three providers below:

http://www.fatcow.com/fatcow/special-promo.bml?offer=OPI&LinkName=No_Name

http://www.justhost.com/web-hosting

http://www.hostmonster.com/hosting_features.html

The link below plus looking at search results was the initial pool of
candidates.

http://www.topcheaphosts.com/cheap-web-hosting-providers.shtml?KID=5196177925720021

Anybody have direct experience with those specific hosting services, or
want to give general advice on what to watch for with a hosting service.

Thanks.