Re: glxgears nonsense on F11

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 17:30:43 -0700,
  Dave Stevens <geek uniserve com> wrote:
> I have used glxgears for several years, most recently on F7. I've just
> moved to F11 x86_64 on a new hard drive and the system is now up to
> date. When I run glxgears I get the gear display in the yop left corner,
> just as I expect but instead of getting the frame rate display in the
> terminal window I get endless ream of this:
>
> CS section size missmatch start at (r300_cmdbuf.c,emit_cb_offset,254) 16 vs 7

There have been a lot of changes in video going on and if you get mismatches
you can have errors like this. I saw these a few weeks ago and then
they went away. I am running koji versions of mesa, the kernel and the
ati driver in F11 and I am currently not seeing that. I also am using the
nomodeset kernel parameter.