Re: F11 bind-chroot - a question?

Todd Zullinger:
>> If the concern is applications needing to determine whether bind is
>> configured for a chroot or not, I think the application should be
>> checking /etc/sysconfig/named for the ROOTDIR variable.

Mail Lists:
> Excellent suggestion ... that is the right way ..

Works for tools to edit the configuration files, still doesn't help with
users who directly hand edit /etc/named.conf (and other /etc/ files),
when they don't understand what chrooting does, or that they've
installed a server in a chrooted manner.  Symlinks solves both issues,
simply and absolutely.

If you'd been on this list for longer than you appear to, you'd see that
sort of thing (users playing with the wrong files) is quite common.

--
[tim localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.24-78.2.53.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.