Fedora 11 on Intel Atom N270

Hi,

I installed Fedora 11 (i686 PAE) on a Philco netbook with an Intel atom N270.
However, although everything is running just fine, I was not able to
use an x86_64 installer. The message said I needed a 64 bits processor.
Therefore, I used the 32 bits fedora DVD from a USB stick.

I thought the N270 were 64 bits:

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86_64#Intel_64_Implementations

What is the problem with these little toys?

Thanks.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ