Re: Fedora 11 on Intel Atom N270

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 7:02 AM, Paulo Cavalcanti <promac gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

I installed Fedora 11 (i686 PAE) on a Philco netbook with an Intel atom N270.
However, although everything is running just fine, I was not able to
use an x86_64 installer. The message said I needed a 64 bits processor.
Therefore, I used the 32 bits fedora DVD from a USB stick.

I thought the N270 were 64 bits:

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86_64#Intel_64_Implementations

What is the problem with these little toys?

Thanks.

Never mind. The N270 seems to be really 32 bit.

 http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_an_Intel_Atom_N270_processor_run_64-bit_applications

Anyway, everything is running just fine so far, even the Intel driver (knock on wood...)

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ