Re: f10: evolution: very slow when start it

On 06/18/2009 08:29 AM, Dario Lesca wrote:
Hi, when I start Evolution the program is ready after 3/4 minutes and
during this time the CPUs are 100% of usare, the notebook (2 CPUs
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 2.00GHz and 3Gb RAM) is unusable.

My local evolution mail folder is 3 GB of size.

is this a problem?
there is a limit for size of local mail store?
there is some thinks that I can do for speed the start-up of evolution?

What version of Evo? Versions >= 2.24 use an SQL database for local folder indexing. Sometimes this can get messed up, and can be cleaned by running the following script (after completely shutting down Evo with "evolution --force-shutdown"):

#!/bin/sh

cd ~/.evolution/mail/
for i in `find . -name folders.db`
        do