Re: Fedora 11 on Intel Atom N270

Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 7:02 AM, Paulo Cavalcanti <promac gmail com <mailto:promac gmail com>> wrote:

    Hi,

    I installed Fedora 11 (i686 PAE) on a Philco netbook with an Intel
    atom N270.
    However, although everything is running just fine, I was not able to
    use an x86_64 installer. The message said I needed a 64 bits processor.
    Therefore, I used the 32 bits fedora DVD from a USB stick.

    I thought the N270 were 64 bits:

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86_64#Intel_64_Implementations

    What is the problem with these little toys?

    Thanks.

Never mind. The N270 seems to be really 32 bit.

 http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_an_Intel_Atom_N270_processor_run_64-bit_applications

Anyway, everything is running just fine so far, even the Intel driver (knock on wood...)

Perhaps this link http://ark.intel.com/ProductCollection.aspx?familyId=29035 will be useful.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>