Re: networking problem

Frank Cox wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 14:40:57 -0700
> Gerhard Magnus wrote:
>
>> DSL modem --> Linksys router --> D-Link router --> wireless netbook
>
> It just occurs to me that your problem may be the network cable that you have
> connecting the two routers.  You need a "crossover" ethernet cable there, not a
> standard ethernet cable.  If you use a regular cable, the routers won't be able
> to see each other.

This depends on the router - most of the new ones are auto-sensing
on the LAN ports. (Wiring as well as speed.) I have hooked D-link
routers together like this without needing a crossover cable.

If I remember correctly, he could bring up the configuration menu on
both routers from the netbook, so that would suggest that he doesn't
need a crossover cable.

Mikkel