Re: networking problem

Gerhard Magnus wrote:
> Wow, this is the first I've heard of these.
>
> I was looking at crossover ethernet cables on the Web and noticed they
> were all fairly short -- 7' seemed about the maximum.
>
> Do they only work over such short distances?

The distance limits should be the same 100 meters as any other
Ethernet cable. I suspect the short length is because they are
commonly used with computers that are physically close together.

> Is yellow their standard color? (I may have one lying around
> somewhere...

I do not know if yellow is the standard color for them. All I can
tell you is that all the ones I have used are yellow. On the other
hand, I have a couple of standard cables around here that are also
yellow. (I like blue ones better.)

Mikkel