Unable to boot F11 with multiple drives on system

Hi

I was given the option to put my boot loader on sda1 amongst others
even though F11 had chosen a PATA drive as default for grub. My other
SATA drives where also shown.

Anyway i choose sda1 like it works with another OS and when i rebooted
F11 after the install i came to the grub prompt.

The rescue function tells me /sbin/grub-install cannot be found when i
ran grub-install /dev/sda

Any help please

Mark