Re: networking problem

Gerhard Magnus wrote:
On Thu, 2009-06-18 at 17:51 -0500, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
Gerhard Magnus wrote:
I recently added a D-Link wireless router to a network in which
everything (except a new netbook computer) is connected by ethernet
cables. I also use static addresses. Here's the setup:

DSL modem --> Linksys router --> D-Link router --> wireless netbook

		    -----------> eternetted computers

Using a browser on the netbook I can access configuration menus for both
routers, which seems to indicate that the wireless network was set up
correctly and that the cable between the two routers is working.

I cannot access the configuration menu of the DSL modem from the
netbook, although I can do this from any of the other computers.

I have a static configuration set on the netbook that references the
address of the D-link router (192.168.1.2) as the gateway. The manual
says that when connecting the D-link to some other router (rather than
directly to the Internet) DHCP on the D-link must be disabled.

Hi,

try settting a static configuration with the addressof the linksys (192.168.1.1 ) or try with setting the netbook automatically via DHCP, by your problem description seems which your default gateway is 192.168.1.1 so the D-Link is only a wireless HUB.

Gabriel