Re: Looking for Remix Mentor

On Thu, 2009-06-18 at 15:30 +0200, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> We would also like to know and find out how to make Respin with some
> folder of video (ogg) files on the desktop that is available on livecd
> but also after you install it to hard drive on each users desktop?

Several copies of the same file, on each user's space, is going to waste
drive space.  Do you really want to do that?

I've done that sort of thing, in the past, with small files, by leaving
original copies in /etc/skel/ and new user accounts get the contents of
that copied into their user space.

If they're big files, it might be best to create links to them in each
users' space.  That way there's really just one file on the system.

--
[tim localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.24-78.2.53.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.