Re: How To Start Puppet

On 06/17/2009 11:49 PM, Robert L Cochran wrote:
I just installed puppet, meaning

puppet.noarch 0.24.8-1.fc11
puppet-server.noarch 0.24.8-1.fc11

On Fedora 11 x86_64.

I then began following instructions at this website:
http://reductivelabs.com/trac/puppet/wiki/SimplestPuppetInstallRecipe

and I'm now at "Step Three: start the Puppetmaster".

For a Fedora installation, can I just do:

su -c 'service puppetmasterd start'

Well, that is if 'service' is in your path. The necessary user and group account though has been created by the RPM.

-Jeroen