Re: ease of alpine -> thunderbird migration?

Quoting Tom Horsley <tom horsley att net>:

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 14:30:10 -0400 (EDT)
Robert P. J. Day wrote:

obviously, i want to retain my current inbox, mail folders,

I finally bit the bullet and figured out how to get dovecot
setup and running on my box, so my folders are now all
stored on an IMAP server, and I can switch mail clients
at will or even access my home dovecot server remotely
over an SSL connection, which has been kinda handy.

I guess the next task I should tackle is LDAP for
my address book...

  did you take notes?  is the recipe online somewhere?  if not,
i have a site with a wiki that would be happy to host your steps
in doing the above.

rday