Re: NetworkManager and extra options in /etc/resolv.conf

Tarjei Knapstad wrote:
2009/6/18 L <yuanlux gmail com>:
On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 8:31 PM, Tarjei
Knapstad<tarjei knapstad gmail com> wrote:
Due to local network setup I need to add a line to /etc/resolv.conf
("options single-request"), otherwise I lose two out of three DNS
lookups. Is there any way to make NM add this line when writing
/etc/resolv.conf? (other than hacking the code and explicitly adding
it for every network I connect to through DHCP)

if you mean name servers, you can add a line to

/etc/dhclient-eth1.conf  or /etc/dhclient-eth0.conf

prepend domain-name-servers XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX,yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy;

No, I need an options line. My resolv.conf looks like this after
manually adding the last line every time NM rewrites the file:

I don't think "L" understood the question, but his answer may have merit anyway. Instead of prepending name servers, add the line you want. I don't think order is important with options.

# Generated by NetworkManager
domain aaaa.bbbbb
search aaaa.bbbbb
nameserver 192.168.0.0
nameserver 192.168.0.1
options single-request

So I would like NM to automatically add the "options single-request"
line when writing resolv.conf instead of needing some extra script to
do the job.

Regards,
--
Tarjei