F11 Liveuser Password

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Jun 19 20:16:24 UTC 2009

"Kevin J. Cummings" wrote

 > R. G. Newbury wrote:
 > > OK, Now I'm really frustrated.
 > > What IS the password for the 'liveuser' user?

 >Password?  When the GDM screen comes up, it auto-logins after a short
 >wait (less than a minute ISTR).  When inside the environment, I can
 >type "su -" and I'm not asked for a password....

This is the LiveCD-KDE spin. When the login screen comes up it is
exactly like a normal KDE login. It NEVER auto-logs.

And NO password works.

 > > Of course, there is NOTHING in the release notes.
 > > Thanks guys  </sarcastic>

But I repeat myself. This is another example of stupid nanny actions.
The damn thing is a LIVECD. It does not NEED a password for the user: it
creates the user. Kabuki security revisited ( the prior visitation being
that root is denied access to install programs through the browser,
although a normal user (acting as an abnormal user) is allowed to do the
same thing.)