Re: SCSI Controller Card Compatible With RHEL and Fedora

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 4:33 PM, Alan Cox<alan lxorguk ukuu org uk> wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 21:12:53 -0400
> Robert L Cochran <cochranb speakeasy net> wrote:
>> My question is, what's a cheap, reliable SCSI controller card that I can
>> buy for this hard drive and will be recognized out of the box by RHEL
>> and Fedora?
>
> SYMBIOS SYM53Cxxx PCI cards can usually be picked up for peanuts and are
> good controllers in my experience.

Alan is right. Yet the problem with this approach is that the PCI SCSI
controllers you can buy used on eBay for peanuts
are often PCI. Some are 5V PCI cards. With some luck you can find a
3.3V PCI card.

But modern motherboards have replaced PCI with PCI'-Express.

In that case, your need to buy a PCI-Express SCSI adapter.

http://bit.ly/scsipciexpress

FC