Re: F11 Liveuser Password

fedora-list-request redhat com wrote:
Subject: Re: F11 Liveuser Password
To: "Community assistance, encouragement,	and advice for using
	Fedora." <fedora-list redhat com>

On 6/19/2009 4:16 PM, R. G. Newbury wrote:
> "Kevin J. Cummings" wrote
>
>> R. G. Newbury wrote:
>> > OK, Now I'm really frustrated.
>> > What IS the password for the 'liveuser' user?
>
>>Password?  When the GDM screen comes up, it auto-logins after a short
>>wait (less than a minute ISTR).  When inside the environment, I can
>>type "su -" and I'm not asked for a password....
> > This is the LiveCD-KDE spin. When the login screen comes up it is
> exactly like a normal KDE login. It NEVER auto-logs.
> > And NO password works. >
>> > Of course, there is NOTHING in the release notes.
>> > Thanks guys  </sarcastic>
> > But I repeat myself. This is another example of stupid nanny actions.
> The damn thing is a LIVECD. It does not NEED a password for the user: it
> creates the user. Kabuki security revisited ( the prior visitation being
> that root is denied access to install programs through the browser,
> although a normal user (acting as an abnormal user) is allowed to do the
> same thing.)

*You are right!!* We should rant! And rave! And get *really, really
angry!* Quick! Give me the microphone! So that I can yell the *loud,
funny words!*

No one else has downloaded this and booted this? No one else has
complained? In this much time? Really?

The Live-CD KDE boots with out a login screen of any kind here. None at
all. It boot right to the KDE desktop.

Having a bad day are you? :-)
--
On my desktop, I had this problem with F10, trying to get to rescue the system; F11 loaded straight away on my laptop. The difference appears to have been that the /tmp on my desktop had no space....... My imagination??????

Dave