Re: how to start KDE in F11?

Quoting Tom Horsley <tom horsley att net>:

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 17:14:24 -0700
Dave Stevens wrote:

I've just switched from F7 and don't find the desktop environment
choice at login, where do I look for this?

The ever helpful gnome (so-called) designers have chosen to not show
that option at all until you type (or select) a user name, then,
rather than appearing near your line of sight in the login
dialog box, it appears down at the bottom of the screen on the
bar down there where they hope no one will notice it so everyone
will use their ever so perfect gnome interface all the time :-).

hmmmm.... seems like an odd choice for the reasons you give. But while we are on the topic I also can't see how to bump my workspaces up to six from the default four, so I'd be happy to have help with that too. Is there a summary I can read of changes like this?

Dave