Re: Hard Drives not accessible after Update to F11

stan wrote:
On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 14:35:04 -0400
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com> wrote:

Stan, you have told him how to solve the problem, but I'm curious why
he had the problem in the first place.

Good question.

Theory: if any partitions were reformatted, perhaps to ext4, just
maybe the new UUID didn't get copied into the fstab to replace the
old one. This would only happen on an upgrade, and I haven't done
that yet, as I prefer to reinstall and have all my non-system files
in separate filesystems.

Seems it has to be something like you are proposing.  And for frequent
upgrades, your method of keeping system and non-system files separate
is elegant.

Well thank you, let me give you another trick. The install logs and ks file are created at install time. Assuming you keep them around just as they were, you can use:
  cd /etc
  find . -type f -cnewer /root/anaconda-ks.cfg
To get a list of every config file you ever changed since install. Useful if you do a full install to save those files, so you can look at them and remember what you did. Depending on how you use /root it might be useful there as well.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>