Re: [SEMI-OT] Impressive F11 boot speed

On 06/19/2009 08:27 PM, Tom Horsley wrote:
On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 19:46:54 -0700
john wendel wrote:

Great job, whoever setup the F11 boot scripts.

Yea, I think I forgot to mention that as well. Huge improvement
in boot time on fedora 11! (Makes up for the steadily increasing
boot times starting around fedora 5 :-).

If I wanted to turn off the ntpdate stuff I like to have on,
I could probably shave off even more time. It seems to be
the only big delay at boot now.

Maybe I should have mentioned that I don't run many daemons. I run "ntpd -q -g" by hand about once a week. Never corrects more than a second or two.

John