Re: UPS device support

On 06/19/2009 11:15 PM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
With previous Fedoras (prior to F11) I had a nice icon with my UPS
battery life from gnome-power-manager. This is gone in F11. It doesn't
detect my UPS anymore. Is this functionality gone forever or coming back
once DeviceKit matures?

I don't see any mention of loss of UPS support in the F11 release notes.

Hmmm... Me, too. I hadn't noticed it until your message. I see it on lsusb: Bus 004 Device 003: ID 09ae:2007 Tripp Lite

I've now installed apcupsd and apcupsd-gui.I started the apcupsd service and ran application->system tools->apcups monitor. I hnow have a tray applet running. It does not, however, seem to integrate in any way with power management and auto-shutdown when battery is getting low.

--

  Steve