transmission 1.71 not allowing incoming connections?

I'm not getting any incoming connections after the latest batch of
updates including transmission 1.71, even though transmission itself
says the port I'm using is open.  The bittorrent-gui client does get
incoming connections using the same port.  Anyone else seeing this?