Re: OT: router problems?

Anne Wilson wrote:
Looking at the logs, though, I see lots of repetitions of

Fri, 2009-06-19 23:59:09 - Initialize LCP.
Fri, 2009-06-19 23:59:09 - LCP is allowed to come up.
Fri, 2009-06-19 23:59:20 - CHAP authentication success

I assume that the router is re-setting itself - but why?  What is going on?

Anne
Assuming, that you have Adsl it could be that something is causing interference to line between your home and DSLAM, what speed the connection is and how far the DSLAM is?

If I would be you I would call to the ISP/Phone company and ask them to look for the problem. They can see the error rate etc. of the line. I had similiar problems and only solution was to drop the speed of the Adsl connection (and changing the modem) to get it working in stable manner without reconnecting 6-7 times a day.

-vpk