Re: Client connect to NFS server as user?

On Sat, 2009-06-20 at 09:27 -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> How can I connect as user bobg, do I have to be root?
>
>     [bobg box9 ~]$ mount.nfs box48:/home/NFS-files  /mnt/home
>     mount.nfs: permission denied: no match for /mnt/home found in /etc/fstab
>
> It looks as though I've missed something here ...
----
you would have to have an entry in /etc/fstab that specified this as a
'user' mount

something like this...

my.nfs.server:/mnt/home  /home/NFS-files    nfs     user    0 0

but the truth is that using automounts such as /etc/auto.home
or /auto.misc is even better

Craig

believed to be clean.