F11 Liveuser Password

DB Freddog_de at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jun 20 22:00:06 UTC 2009

> Having a bad day are you?    :-)
> >> --
>
> > On my desktop, I had this problem with F10, trying to get to rescue the
> > system; F11 loaded straight away on my laptop. The difference appears to
> > have been that the /tmp on my desktop had no space....... My
> > imagination??????
>

> If you used the Fedora Live-CD then the whole OS was, more or less,
> loaded into the memory of your computer. Do you actually have a
> dedicated partition that is /tmp on your hard drive? If so. Why?
>
> And if it was 'full' I would think that would have been because of
> Fedora 10.
Yes, I followed a setup suggestion from somewhere(!), and have a /tmp
partition. I'd been trying to install "Rome-Total War" under wine & the
only place big enough was /tmp. When that didn't work, I forgot to clear
/tmp (as well as some left overs from before I switched to KDE) so yes,
tmp had no free space. I couldn't login to F10 normally (thought it must
have been a download which screwed up my system) I tried the CD to try &
rescue the system. That's when I got the crazy login/password problem.
Once I'd managed to clear /tmp, all worked normally again.

But as I wrote earlier, running the F11 Live-CD on my laptop (which also
had F10 on it) gave no problems & has installed quite happily onto
harddisk (reformatting all the existing partitions except /boot to ext4)

Cheers

Dave