Re: Client connect to NFS server as user?

Craig White wrote:
On Sat, 2009-06-20 at 15:38 -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
Craig White wrote:
On Sat, 2009-06-20 at 09:27 -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
How can I connect as user bobg, do I have to be root?

    [bobg box9 ~]$ mount.nfs box48:/home/NFS-files  /mnt/home
    mount.nfs: permission denied: no match for /mnt/home found in /etc/fstab

It looks as though I've missed something here ...
----
you would have to have an entry in /etc/fstab that specified this as a
'user' mount

something like this...

my.nfs.server:/mnt/home  /home/NFS-files    nfs     user    0 0

but the truth is that using automounts such as /etc/auto.home
or /auto.misc is even better

Craig

            Ok, thanks, I just need to know what my options are. Should
            have suspected "fstab" and I will look at auto.home and
            auto.misc ...

            I'm presently struggling with an Apple Mac, completely
            foreign to me! If only I can find a "terminal" with a
            command line.
----
Terminal.app

/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app

Craig

Yes thanks, I googled that. I find nothing intuitive about their GUI.

Bob