x86_64 install stuck "no driver found"

Strange - says unable to find driver for this installation type - am
booting off DVD, and it read the DVD, booted, and then says "No driver
found"? Is that referring to some other device and not the CD/DVD
drive?

I also tried the i386 DVD, and that seems to proceed much more ahead,
on same machine.

This is for a GIGABYTE GA-73PVM-S2
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Spec.aspx?ClassValue=Motherboard&ProductID=2734&ProductName=GA-73PVM-S2
and I understand it needs "forcedeth" for networking, but I tried
selecting that on the "Select Driver" menu, but no luck, continue to
loop around the "No driver found", "Select driver" menus in the
install. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.