F11 Liveuser Password

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Sun Jun 21 02:19:16 UTC 2009

Dave wrote:

 > > *You are right!!* We should rant! And rave! And get *really, really
 > > angry!* Quick! Give me the microphone! So that I can yell the *loud,
 > > funny words!*
 > >
 > > No one else has downloaded this and booted this? No one else has
 > > complained? In this much time? Really?
 > >
 > > The Live-CD KDE boots with out a login screen of any kind here. None at
 > > all. It boot right to the KDE desktop.
 > >
 > > Having a bad day are you?   :-)
 > >
 > > --
 >On my desktop, I had this problem with F10, trying to get to rescue the
 >system; F11 loaded straight away on my laptop. The difference appears >to
 >have been that the /tmp on my desktop had no space....... My
 >imagination??????

I find it hard to believe that a LiveCD would have a problem because
/tmp on the harddrive was full (although it IS possible that the live
instance DOES use /tmp...not sure). But in my case, I had attempted to
install F11, but it barfed during package selection. Rescue-is-possible
showed me that Ananconda had indeed formatted the partitions...so /tmp
was definitely empty in my case. And the LiveKDE disk wanted a password,
  which the LiveGnome disk did not. And I installed from there.

G.